There are so many reasons to visit Park City during the Holidays, especially since it it filled with is holiday cheer this time of year, and nobody does hospitality up right like Park City. Of course, one of the favorite things to do is experience some early season skiing. With early snow and snow guns blazing, November is a great time to plan an affordable Park City ski vacation. There is no better way to burn off those holiday meals.
Just in case you need a little more convincing, here are 10 more reasons to celebrate Thanksgiving in Park City:
Top 10 Reasons to Celebrate Thanksgiving in Park City
- First Tracks: Both Park City Mountain Resort and Canyons Village will be open for skiing (weather permitting) over the Thanksgiving weekend. We’re hoping for early snow and creating some of our own, so you’re guaranteed pristine slopes and thinner crowds.
- Thanksgiving Dinner: Thanksgiving is all about good food, and dining out just doesn’t get any better than Park City. Leave the turkey baster at home and head to one of Park City’s restaurants for a full Thanksgiving dinner or buffet among the company of your friends and family. Be sure to visit the Park City Restaurants website for details on dining in Park City. GOBBLE UP PARK CITY’S THANKSGIVING SPECIALS
- No Name Saloon – Free (!) buffet
For 18th straight year, this long-time locals favorite is welcoming all its friends and neighbors for a free Thanksgiving buffet with all the trimmings. The feasting starts at 2 p.m., and anyone 21 years of age and older is welcome.
- Shopping in Park City: Historic Main Street is lined with quaint shops and galleries. And if you’re in the mood for a brand-name bargain, stop by Park City’s popular Tanger Outlet Center. Small Business Saturday: If you’re one of the people who loves taking advantage of the post-Thanksgiving sales, we recommend you give some love to local businesses
- Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride: Enjoy the winter chill and ring in the season with a Clydesdale drawn sleigh ride from The Rocky Mountain Sleigh Company. There’s no better way to see Park City.
- The Egyptian Theater: Park City’s own theater house, The Egyptian, puts on a good show, no matter what time of year you come in to town. This year they will be hosting a comedy musical favorite – “The Adams Family Musical” over Thanksgiving weekend, so bring your whole family
- Catch a Flick: Skiing isn’t the only thing Park City is famous for. It’s also home to the Sundance Film Festival and the place is crawling with movie buffs. In the spirit of supporting independent films, the Park City Film Series offers films year-round.
- Olympic Park: For a truly unique experience, visit the Olympic training ground for athletes from around the world. Olympic Park has many events that visitors can participate in, including a real bobsled ride and an intense zip line, plus the popular free Ski Museum and Tours.
- Hit the Town: Thanksgiving is a family holiday, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend the entire time with the kids. Park City has a robust, eclectic nightlife that’s hopping all year round. Main Street is packed with live music and local brews, so go check it out!
- Electric Parade and Tree Lighting: A holiday tradition in Park City, the Electric Parade will help ignite the town’s spirit on Saturday, November 24 with festivities starting at 4:00 PM on Historic Main Street. Additional festivities include a visit with Santa, Holiday Carolers, a Christmas tree lighting in Miner’s Park, and lighting of the Main Street lights before the parade at 6:00 PM.
- Theater: Sweet Honey in the Rock, November 24th. They raise the roof, with the Grammy Award ® nominated sound NPR says “moves into your heart and pushes it open wider.” The legendary gospel a cappella group, rooted in African American history and culture has seen us through the good and bad moments of American life for more than 40 years; lifting us together.
Celebrate Thanksgiving in Park City with friends and family and come share the holiday cheer in Park City. Here’s one of the best reasons to spend Thanksgiving in Park City, you’ll find the lowest rates of the season . Check out this offer of 3rd night free.
Apex Park City
From high above the newly invigorated Canyons Village at Park City, Apex Residences presents a new brand of modern sophistication and a lifestyle to be cherished for generations to come. Your mountain retreat awaits. Check out our various exquisite ski-in, ski-out residences and call 435.429.APEX to schedule a private tour today! Be sure to visit our sister property, Viridian Park City, on the 11th fairway of Canyons Golf Course.